Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy 40th Birthday, Julie!

Last night, I went to a surprise 40th birthday for the most amazing friend I know. Her husband had a gathering of friends and family at Sweet Basil in Fairfield, and while I’m not sure exactly how surprised she was, it was a wonderful and relaxing evening.

I made some favors for people to take home. I wanted to contribute in some way and at the last minute came up with this idea. These are the large chocolate bars and I made a wrapper to go around them. I think it was a hit!

Julie is one of those rare individuals that really knows how to be a true friend. She is warm and understanding, full of great ideas and knows when to play devil’s advocate and when to sympathize. We have laughed together, cried together and share our thoughts and hopes with each other. I am so blessed to have Julie in my life and my only regret is that we don’t get to see each other enough. Somehow, raising a couple of kids has kept us from seeing each other as often. But we both know that as our kids leave the nest and our hair becomes grayer, we’ll have lots of time to hang out together.

Here’s to good friends and good times. Cheers, Julie!

No comments: