Sunday, August 31, 2008

Getting Back into the Swing of Things

Well, it’s here. That time of the year where I feel like I can get my sometimes unmanageable life back in order. The kids are back in school and start their full days on Tuesday. Yay! And I can have that uninterrupted time to get my focus back. I know I sound like a scrooge, and I love my kids more than anything. But being a working mom is sometimes hard to balance, and the school year just feels most manageable for me.

The sports schedules are PERFECT this fall. How did I get so lucky?! Both kids have practices on Mondays and Thursdays, so we won’t have to be running around every night of the week like we did last year. Ahhhhh… relief.

So, that is the summarized scoop for fall.

As for scrapping and stamping, I had two friends over last week to make cards. We had such a great time! They were both new to card making/stamping and so I pulled out all of my supplies and we “created” for almost six hours. Fun! During that time, I was able to make my thank you cards for a swap that I’m in. Here is what it turned out to be:



I love that multi-layered look, but don’t always take the time to do it. And that double-stitched Stampin’ Up ribbon is my favorite. I think I need to get it in all colors!! (Yes, AS IF I need another thing.)

That’s my share for today. I’ll be catching up on swaps tomorrow and will surely have plenty of ideas to post after that.

Have an enjoyable, safe Labor Day, my friends. Take care!

No comments: