Saturday, August 2, 2008

Catching up… or trying to!

I’ve been out of town for nearly two weeks and am desperately trying to catch up on things. It’s been quite a whirlwind!

After our delightful trip to Colorado, we came home and turned around in less than 24 hours to go out of town again. This time, we were hitting the beaches at Block Island. Fred’s sister, Judy had rented a place for 2 weeks and we were excited to join her for a few days. Our planned three day vacation turned into a five day vacation! The ferry ride from Point Judith, RI out to the island was a little nerve wracking with all the thunder and lightning. Ugh. But, we arrived safely and dried out at the house. The next 4 days were fabulous and sunny. We could hardly keep the kids out of the water, except for one day where there were jelly fish EVERYWHERE because of the warm water. Needless to say, the kids still ventured into the water and nobody got stung. Freddie, despite his usual indifference to the water, rode some waves with Judy’s friend, Ed. We bought Melissa a boogie board and she was attached to it, not to mention quite good at it, as well. Don’t worry, everyone. We wore 30 SPF sunscreen all week… still managed to get some sun, but avoided more sun poisoning!

This evening I am having a workshop at my house. I’m looking forward to digging back into my scrapping supplies and getting some pages done! I’ll be posting some swaps and layouts in the next week, so stay tuned.

Now, I must get my house in order… just a few hours left before people arrive!

No comments: