Friday, July 25, 2008

Somewhere over the rainbow...

Last night, my parents took the three of us out to dinner at the Red Lion Restaurant. It is a favorite dinner spot for my kids (and husband… sorry you missed it, Fred!) and they were asking about going all week. Generously, my dad made reservations and off we went.

Colorado is not known for having much rain, so it was an unusual evening with a fair amount of rain. When we were finishing up dinner, my dad announced that we would not be eating dessert at the restaurant because he thought we’d go to the mall (aka Pearl Street) and grab an ice cream. However, as we left the restaurant and began the trip down the canyon, it was raining pretty steadily. So, there was a quick change of plans. My dad took the drive on Four Mile Canyon, which connects Boulder Canyon to Sunshine Canyon. I was thrilled! It was a wonderful drive with plenty to look at. This was old mining territory and we drove clear up to Gold Hill. I’m not sure how excited the kids were about this winding drive through the mountains, but I was in the front seat and was enjoying every moment. As we began to head down into Sunshine Canyon, the rain had just about stopped and this huge rainbow came out. At times, it even looked like a double rainbow. The views were breathtaking and we could not resist pulling out the camera and looking like a bunch of tourists. Who cared? It was an amazing evening. Even when we got down to Pearl Street, there were people everywhere taking pictures.



So see. I have found what is at the end of the rainbow. Boulder, Colorado.

1 comment:

Tina said...

The photos are beautiful - I too would have stopped to take pictures of the rainbow :) Hope you are enjoying your visit with your parents, mine are coming to visit tonight :D